Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Returned !



I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.(Ecc 9:11 KJV)

I don’t know about you but there are many things I have received that I did not merit. I have won races [not literally] in which I was not the fastest; won battles I thought I should have lost; gotten provision in ways I didn’t expect and received favour when doors seemed shut. In other words, I have been a candidate of God’s favour and mercy over and over again. Like Solomon I returned [observed, considered] these things and concluded that God is faithful.

Maybe you are reading this and you are not convinced God has been good to you; as a matter of fact you think God has some explanation to do concerning some things in your life. Many times we are so consumed with our problems we simply refuse to see the good things God has thrown in our paths. The point is that we do not take time to objectively consider and observe the totality of events in our lives. When we do, we begin to see that we have absolutely many things to be grateful for. When we count our blessing and name one by one, we would be surprised to see what God has done!

In another perspective, how many times have we had the privilege to return… literally? You went out yesterday and returned home safe. You went to the hospital pregnant and returned with a baby. You  went to college years ago and you returned to your family. You started a business venture and you returned with profit. You went for surgery and you returned alive. Every time we return we have a chance to celebrate the faithfulness of God. When we celebrate God’s faithfulness we open doors for greater blessings.

1 comment: