Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Response of a Lover



I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth? It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go………………………………… (Son 3:2-4 KJV)

Every time I see him my heart skips a beat, my palms begin to sweat and the smile on my face is so bright it can light a stadium. I seldom look into his eyes, not because I am shy but because the intensity of his loving gaze seems more than my mind can contain. Could a man love a woman this much? Many times when I am alone I wonder aloud, ‘can there be a greater love than this?’

In all things however, it is our fellowship with one another that I love the most. By fellowship I refer to time together spent talking, walking, holding hands, feeding on the uniqueness of each other’s celestial and terrestrial beauty, having intercourse or simply enjoying the tranquility in silently gazing at nature’s beauty. 

Please do not imagine that this relationship is all about me. It is true that I cannot equivocally say that I love him like he loves me but I keep trying.  You see, it seems as if all he needs from me is to have the right attitude to his love towards me. I see him smile when I respond to his words and his touch. It is obvious his delight emanates from my positive response to his love for me.

I look forward always to his speaking to me, talking with me or instructions for me. I delight in the wisdom in his words and the now expected positive result from heeding his instructions. Well, many of the female specie would frown at my dependence on him and fascination with who he is. But, day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year, the more I depend on him the better my relationship with him becomes. The interesting thing is; the benefits of our relationship supersedes the two of us, it brings the best out of my relationship with others and more importantly I feel whole in my body, soul and spirit.

This is my story; the story of a lover and the one he loves. I know you want to know more about me but I don’t think you need to. Anyway, let me at least intimate you with my name and the name of my lover.
My name is ‘Christian’ and my lover’s name is Jesus. 

God is faithful (reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on); by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1Co 1:9 AMP)

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship [Greek; koinonia: participation, communion, fellowship, intercourse] of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. (1Co 1:9 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment